Stonegate Private Counsel specializes in managing the affairs of successful Canadian families. We are a partnership of experienced professionals, driven by shared values and a long-term approach to meeting the multi-generational needs of our clients. We offer comprehensive services that go beyond investment management by providing valued advice that touches on all aspects of our clients’ financial lives. Our customized services include sophisticated financial planning and tax strategies, estate planning, asset and risk management solutions, and a choice of investment solutions. At Stonegate, we create a legacy of trust. The result is long-term confidence and peace of mind.
- The Executive Assistant (“EA”) is responsible for providing on-going support to the Partners to assist in the smooth running of the practice and to promote organizational efficiency.
- The Executive Assistant will have three main roles in the day to day operation of the practice: Scheduling client meetings and events for two Partners, hosting events and welcoming clients, and keeping track of paperwork going in and out of the practice regarding client appreciation and gifts, events and other meetings and activities.
- Duties will include recurring activities tied to standard operations, administrative tasks, and a significant level of participation in schedule management, electronic filing, event management and hosting.
- The Executive Assistant will demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and professionalism, and shall act with integrity, competence, dignity, and in an ethical and professional manner in all dealings, and will treat all others with the utmost respect.
- Taking ownership over office administration to ensure all administrative activities are completed and well looked after
- Arrange and confirm all internal and external meetings (client reviews, prospects and business associates)
- Greeting and hosting all clients visiting the practice
- Communication with clients over the phone and by email, enhancing client relationships with responsive actions and prompt communication
- Maintain comprehensive records in contact management system of all client needs and interactions
- Letters to clients/professionals – proof read, assemble, send and track letters to clients
- Oversee and monitor email for two Partners, and respond quickly and/or direct to correct person for response
- Assisting in the organization of client events/seminars and group meetings
- Organizing birthday cards/gifts/holiday gifts etc. and tracking properly
- Updating and maintaining the client files both paper & electronic (scanning and indexing)
- Prepare, proofread, photocopy, send and file outgoing correspondence, maintaining appropriate follow-through
- Provide support to team in dealing and responding to correspondence, emails and phone enquires
- Advise and assist with the preparation and coordination of presentations, proposals and other marketing and client communication materials including mail-outs
- Updating of Principals’ calendars – business and personal and meeting spreadsheets
- Ordering supplies for the office
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Overseeing all annual license renewals, ensuring sign-up and payment for all events/seminars and miscellaneous personal tasks for the Principals as required
- Keeping the office in order including: occasional dusting, wiping down tables, printing, sorting & filing papers, returning mugs and glasses to the kitchen, serving coffee/tea to clients
- Answer phones and emails promptly, professionally and politely and welcome clients and all guests as they arrive to the office
- Progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software, Windows, Salesforce and Outlook
- Experience in the finance/investment industry helpful
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to effectively take on new and evolving duties and responsibilities
- Strong typing skills and ability to learn new software relatively quickly
- Ideally looking for candidate who would like a long-term career as an Executive Assistant, and who enjoys following and building upon guidelines and procedures already in place
Full-time position with occasional overtime when required and occasional evening events. Dental and medical benefits provided after probation period.
To apply for this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter to Koel Loyer at kloyer[a]stonegatepc.com.
As an independently owned and operated team of Stonegate Private Counsel LP, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.