Client Service Associate
Stonegate Private Counsel specializes in managing the affairs of successful Canadian families. We are a partnership of experienced professionals, driven by shared values and a long-term approach to meeting the multi-generational needs of our clients.
As a multi-family office, we offer a comprehensive suite of services that goes beyond investment management by providing valued advice that touches on all aspects of our clients’ lives. Our customized services include sophisticated financial planning and tax strategies, estate planning, asset and risk management solutions, and a choice of investment solutions.
At Stonegate, we create a legacy of trust. The result is long-term confidence and peace of mind.
The Associate is responsible for providing on-going support to the Partners to assist in the smooth running of the practice and to promote organizational efficiency. Duties will also include recurring activities tied to standard operations, administrative tasks, and a significant level of participation in client account servicing.
- Client meeting preparation and processing
- Prepare and review all quarterly meeting packages – confirm outstanding tasks are dealt with and ensure all Next Meeting Tasks are ready and organized for presentation in meeting
- Custom spreadsheets – graphs, research, meeting tool creation for client meetings
- Updating MAS after each meeting and update throughout quarter
- Send and track LODs to clients
- Annual tracking of Registered Contributions – RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs
- Handle client account administration including, but not limited to, client queries and requests, setting up new accounts, overseeing trade processing and follow-up as well as client meeting preparations and processing
- Preparing special reports as required (i.e. Performance Summary, Portfolio Valuations, Asset Allocations, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation of NAAFs, IPQs, account paperwork for Managing Director approval and submission
- Fee Deals and Credits – Process fee deals and credits and ensure that all are in place before and after each quarter-end.
- Tracking and monitoring incoming transfers and ensuring transfer process moves along quickly and updating client regularly.
- Check daily transactions on triple A email as well as outstanding tracking
- Order and monitor monthly cash report and third party asset report
- Check quarterly statements before mailing – gross, returns make sense, mailing address, correct salutation
- Responsible for ensuring client requests are completed accurately including any transactions with extensive meeting follow-up
- Maintain comprehensive records in contact management system of all client needs and interactions
- Taking calls, talking with clients and directing calls
- Responsible for processing and monitoring all credit and leverage transactions to client accounts.
- Monitoring trades and following up on all transfers-in
- COI and potential client meeting preparation, including AAM and proposal package
What are the minimum requirements for this role?
- Progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software, Windows and email systems; Salesforce would be helpful
- Experience in the finance/investment industry helpful.
- University degree or college diploma preferred
- Financial designations such as Canadians Securities or Mutual Funds License, or related experience, an asset – not required but certainly an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Adherence to issues of confidentiality.
- Professional and presentable appearance.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and work as a team.
- Ability to oversee and manage people; take ownership over role
- Flexibility to effectively take on new and evolving duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new software relatively quickly.
As an independently owned and operated team of Stonegate Private Counsel LP, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.