Stonegate Private Counsel specializes in managing the affairs of successful Canadian families. We are a partnership of experienced professionals, driven by shared values and a long-term approach to meeting the multi-generational needs of our clients.
As a multi-family office, we offer a comprehensive suite of services that goes beyond investment management by providing valued advice that touches on all aspects of our clients’ lives.
Our customized services include sophisticated financial planning and tax strategies, estate planning, asset and risk management solutions, and a choice of investment solutions.
The Executive Assistant (“EA”) is responsible for providing on-going support to the Managing Director and Principals to assist in the smooth running of the practice and to promote organizational efficiency. Duties will include recurring activities tied to standard operations, administrative tasks, and a significant level of participation in client account servicing.
• Act as the first point of contact for clients by providing excellent client service and communication.
• Managing the calendar for the team including scheduling and coordinating meetings and conference calls while proactively looking for upcoming conflicts requiring resolution.
• Preparing and processing account paperwork, managing current client accounts including the processing of transactions, generating new or making changes to existing investment policy statements, executing fee deals and resolving any billing related issues.
• Review new applications and supporting forms/documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Communicate with team regarding incomplete tasks, documents, forms and information requirements. This may involve multiple follow-ups and requires the utmost tact and diplomacy.
• Maintain client files in accordance with our compliance polices and keep compliance related documents up to date.
• Coordinating and liaising with a number of key individuals including clients, their lawyers and accountants, internal support staff, our branch manager, the compliance department and IT services.
• Provide administrative support around document/presentation editing, outgoing monthly communications, mailing, couriers, some expense tracking and event planning.
• Implement approved processes to create maximum efficiency.
This Job May Be For You If:
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing. A demonstrated ability to develop written reports, action plans and/or client-facing memos.
• You are service oriented and able to develop positive relationships with others.
• You are detail oriented, organized and are able to efficiently manage and prioritize several tasks and projects simultaneously.
• A demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks, communicate progress and meet assigned deadlines.
• You embody high levels of professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information.
• You are able to work relatively independently and can take ownership over tasks and projects that you will see through to their conclusion.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office, have some experience with Salesforce, Linkedin, Dropbox Kajabi and Mailchimp.
What’s in it for You?
• A dynamic, collaborative, and progressive work environment.
• Be part of a high-performing team that works collaboratively to deliver trusted advice to help families thrive.
• A comprehensive rewards program including flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
• Ability to make a difference and impact on Canadian families.
• Progressively responsible administrative experience.
• 3 + years’ experience supporting senior executives, ideally within the financial sector.
• Experience in the finance/investment industry is an asset Education/Training.
• University degree or college diploma preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Pleasant and professional telephone manner.
• Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality.
• Positive mindset.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Flexibility to effectively take on new and evolving duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to learn new software relatively quickly.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience.
As an independently owned and operated team of Stonegate Private Counsel LP, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.